On the 3rd of May the Irish Water Spaniel Club of Ireland will be celebrating a very special day, the 125th anniversary of the Club. Many of you will already know that the Club is amongst the oldest in the world but may not have been aware such a significant milestone was just around the corner.
We would encourage as many IWS owners as possible to enter the show but you can also just come along to watch, meet other IWS owners, club and committee members and catch up with what’s happening in the world of the IWS these days.
Entries Close 6th April 2015 for postal entries. Enter online at www.dogshowentry.ie, online entry closes at midnight on the 14th April 2015. Judge: Mrs. Elizabeth Cooper
We’ll be posting more details here on the site over the next week or two so make sure to check back but for now here are the vital details to mark in your diary:
03rd of May 2015
The Ferryhouse Sports Complex,
Waterford Road, Clonmel
Trophies and Cups for the 125th Championship Show
- Best in Show – The Dolford Cup 1 presented by Mr. John Danford & Bronze Medallion
- Best Opposite Sex – The Dutch Members Trophy presented in 1990
- Best Puppy – The Teal of Tully Cup presented by Mr. Joe Douglas
- Best Intermediate – The Bogwater Cup & Bronze Medallion
- Best Veteran – The Curry Cup presented by Mrs. Pat Wake
To win any Cup or Trophy a dog must win a 1st in a class and an Excellent or Very Promising Grade.
Best of Special Classes
- Special Prize presented by Mr. Jimmy Hogan
- Special prize for 1st in every class
- Rosettes for 1st to 4th prize